Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day

After spending all day Saturday and part of Sunday going through the Operation Write Home blog hop, It's time to make some cards.  There were so many wonderful ideas on the hop.  I'm sure I will be reviewing some of them for months to come.  I bookmarked a lot of pages for reference later.

It also seems like a good day for AnyHero mail.  Today is the anniversary of my late husband and my wedding.  Well actually we got married on Memorial Day when it was May 30th so we would always remember what day we got married.  Then they changed Memorial Day to the last Monday of May.  So there are many years we have 2 anniversaries, the holiday and the date.  He was a Marine before we were married and I still have many of the letters he wrote while he was away.

One of the blog hop features I liked was the assembly line cards.  So thanks to the Efficient Crafter's wonderful guide, I decided to try it out.  I used some of the 8-1/2 X 11 cardstock I have on hand, an old Stampin Up set and a new sentiment from My Favorite Things.  Here are the results:


 
The stamped images are very subtle in white on some and gold on others.  It was fun to do these.
 
I had a lot of help making cards for OWH with the wonderful crafters at Pennbrooke.  Marge helped put kits together for the group so a bunch of the cards were her design.  Here is a link to some of the cards we made together: Operation Write Home cards.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Good job! That's a pretty good looking set of cards. I really ought to try that!
    R/

    ReplyDelete