Saturday, July 5, 2014

For the Boyz


WELCOME to the 4th of July Virtual Card Making Party for Operation Write Home.  I feel so privileged to have been selected to present a challenge for this event!  I love making cards for OWH and supporting our troops.  4th of July seems like the perfect opportunity to present a challenge and participate in the card making party.  What fun! 

My challenge to you is to make a masculine card using a vintage image.  It can be anything.  How about a sports image?  Maybe an old time piece?  Do you have a stamp of an old train or other type of transportation?  Look through some clip art if you don't have a stamp.  I'm sure you can come up with something vintage, just make sure it's masculine.

For my first card, I selected an old car from Doodle Pantry's Classic Cars I collection.   The image and background are both from this collection.   They have several collections that support Operation Write Home. 

 
 
I made a second card using Crafty Secrets Golf Time Digital Stamp Set,  I colored the images with Prismacolor Premier pencils after I printed them on kraft paper.  This set is perfect for golfers. I'm sure some of them will be out on the courses all weekend after that long hard winter we had this year. 
 
 
 
I hope my challenge has given you some inspiration to make some wonderful masculine cards!  Enjoy your 4th of July weekend.  The next challenge will be at 2:00 PM EST and I'm sure it will be a wonderful one to spark your interest!  So keep that card making going in between those holiday BBQ's!  Be sure to link up your creation and of course, comments are alays welsome.  All the best for a great weekend.....
 
 
Andrea
 
 



11 comments:

  1. I love both of your cards!! But my favorite is the old time golfer, my husband used to a golf pro at our local Country Club and he still loves to tee it up! I am very excited to make somthing for this Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori. I live in a golf community so it seemed appropriate. Besides, my brothers are nuts for golf!

      Delete
  2. Love the punny greeting on your golf card! My dad was a golfer, and I think he would have loved this card. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea :) My brothers are golf nuts too. They can't miss a week unless the weather is bad.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for a challenge that ecercised my brain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kara. I'm sure it wasn't much exercise for your brain. Your cards are always so terrific.

      Delete
  4. I'm with Kara.... this was a tough one for me. Thanks so much for hosting such an interesting challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for joining the challenge Sybrina. I love your card so I think the exercise was good! :)

      Delete
  5. I might have gotten a bit carried away....but I was having fun! Masculine can be hard, but once I get in the "zone" I like to go with it!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely see that you got carried away. Glad I could provide the right zone! LOL

      Delete
  6. Thanks very much for hosting this challenge. Your cards are wonderful and a great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete